CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario)
Police Powers: Stops and Searches
The following publication is a resource published by CLEO - Community Legal Education Ontario, which provides information about the powers of the police when doing "street checks".
- What if the police ask me who I am?
- What if the police stop me while I am driving?
- What if the police question me?
- If the police suspect me of a crime, will they arrest me?
- Can the police arrest me in order to prevent a terrorist activity?
- What are my rights if I am arrested or detained?
- Can the police enter my home?
- What are my rights if the police have a search warrant?
- What are my rights if the police ask to enter my home?
- In what urgent situations can the police enter my home?
- When can the police search my home?
- When can the police search me?
- How do I get legal help?