What Newcomers to Canada Need to Know to Do Their Taxes

Government of Canada

For newcomers to Canada for all or part of a tax year (January 1 to December 31), they need to do your taxes (file an income tax and benefit return) if they receive or want to receive certain benefits and credits, want to claim a refund, or have to pay tax. Everything they need to know is available at cra.gc.ca/newcomers. Find information on getting their social insurance number, filing a tax return, applying for benefits and credits, contacting the Canada Revenue Agency if they need assistance, and tax treaties.

More Information: