CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario)
The Ontario Employment Standards Act (ESA) has minimum standards that employers must follow. This resource is about your rights at work under the Ontario ESA.
Table of Content:
- Does the ESA apply to all workers?
- What are the rules about hours of work?
- Can my employer ask me to work longer hours?
- Does an employer have to give weekends off?
- How much does my employer have to pay me?
- Does my employer have to pay me overtime?
- Can my employer ask me to agree to different rules about overtime?
- What if my employer asks me to sign an agreement that affects my rights?
- What can I do if I sign an agreement and then change my mind?
- What breaks do I get at work?
- What are the rules about public holidays?
- Do I get time off for vacation?
- What are the rules about vacation pay?
- Do I get time off for illness or other emergencies?
- What if I need more than 10 days off work because of illness or other crisis?
- Are there benefits that I can get while I am on leave?
- What are my rights if I am protected by a union?
- How can I enforce my rights as a worker?
- How do I file an employment standards claim?
- Where can I find out more and get legal help?