In April the Prime Minister announced the Emergency Community Support Fund to strengthen the capacity of community services to meet the urgent needs of vulnerable individuals and families affected by COVID-19.
Over the last few months United Way Greater Toronto (UWGT) has directed over $15 million to 379 projects in Peel Region, the City of Toronto and York Region.
In this round, UWGT will be distributing $5 million, inviting proposals for one-time requests from community service organizations to meet urgent needs in the region arising during COVID-19. UWGT will prioritize applications that focus on services to meet the needs of individuals and families:
- Living on low or limited income
- Experiencing the greatest barriers to accessing services and supports
- Living in neighbourhoods most affected by the pandemic
- Disproportionately affected by the pandemic, especially members of equity-seeking populations such as Indigenous and Black communities
In this round, UWGT is putting a strong emphasis on applications from collaboratives of community services to meet urgent needs created by the pandemic at a neighbourhood, population or regional level. Agencies with infrastructure to deliver programs and services are encouraged to partner with other organizations to reach the most marginalized populations not currently receiving service.
- Please check here Monday, October 5, 2020 for the Request for Proposals and access to application forms. Application deadline is 5:00 pm Friday, October 30, 2020
- Registration is now open for online information sessions beginning Tuesday, October 6, 2020. Please register here.
- From October 5 through October 30, 2020, staff will be available to reply to questions via email@example.com
Thank you for your extraordinary contribution during this crisis and for your continued work in community.