Ontario Investing in Francophone Culture and Communities
New Francophone Community Grant Program Will Support Local, Regional and Provincial Initiatives
Ontario is investing in the vitality and sustainability of francophone communities across the province through Programme Franco, a new francophone community grant program geared towards community groups, municipalities, and not-for-profit organizations.
Programme Franco is an application-based grant program that aims to encourage greater social involvement, learning, innovation, and engagement for francophones in Ontario, through cultural and community-based initiatives.
Minister of Francophone Affairs, Marie-France Lalonde, made the announcement today inviting francophone and Francophile organizations to submit applications for projects -- big or small.
Submissions must be for initiatives based in Ontario and support one or more of the following priorities:
- Facilitate social integration, networking and volunteerism within francophone communities
- Reduce barriers and increase support for vulnerable groups within francophone communities
- Provide opportunities to celebrate and promote an understanding of Ontario's Francophonie
- Build the capacity of francophone organizations
- Promote collaboration between service providers to better serve francophone communities.
Investing in francophone communities is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
For full details, including eligibility requirements and program guidelines please click here