This Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is being issued by Indus Community Services (Indus) to identify a vendor qualified to assist in the development of a four-year comprehensive strategic plan that includes an Implementation Plan, Balanced Scorecard and Board Training that will focus on the organization’s values, services and vision for the future.
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Scope and Deliverables:
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit an organizational strategy/approach that includes a long term vision that reflects the current social and funding environments while anticipating the challenges Indus will face in the future. The plan should clearly demonstrate how Indus can best position itself to continue its role as a “Leader in building strong and supportive communities”.
Expected deliverables include the following at a minimum:
- Expert advice and facilitation throughout the project
- A “phased in” approach to achieve the goals/strategies identified in the plan (6 months to 1 year/short term, 1-2 years/medium term and 3-4 years/long term)
- Measurement indicators for evaluation and reporting via a Balanced Scorecard
- Detailed actions to enhance the success of the long-term goals/strategies and critical issues that might impact Indus’ effort to meet the goals/strategies, as well resources/actions to mitigate potential impact
- Project coordination, including regular meetings and status reports to keep the project on schedule and identified stakeholders updated on the process
- Needs assessment/environmental scan
- Key stakeholder input, including collection, assessment and recommendations
- Plan, coordinate and document all meetings, including stakeholder consultation sessions
- Plan documentation, including an interim report and final report for the project, including an executive summary and the documentation of the strategic plan in a one page poster format
- The project will be expected to be completed within a timeframe of eight (8) months from the start of the contract
This project has a defined budget of up to $17,000.00 CAD.
All proposals should be received by 12:00pm on June 16th, 2019. Submit your proposal by e-mail to email@example.com
Expected Date of Award: July 15th, 2019
As part of your proposal, please address the following:
- A brief Executive Summary
- A description of your general approach to strategic planning consultation, including methodology, perspective, or philosophy that guides your work with multi-service non-profits
- A list of project deliverables with a detailed timeline for each deliverable and overall project completion
- A detailed budget that does not exceed $17,000.00 CAD
- Credentials and qualifications of key personnel who will take responsibility for working directly on this project, including three references
- Availability for work to be conducted during September 2019 – April 2020, with the strategic plan draft presented to the board no later than at their March 2020 board meeting
Inquiries and Proposals should be directed to:
Vinitha Miranda, Director – Human Resources & Strategic Development
Telephone: 905-275-2369 Ext. 290