This Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is being issued by Indus Community Services (Indus) to obtain competitive proposals from qualified consultants to develop the organization’s External Relations Framework that will guide the development of a holistic government relations, fundraising and communications strategy. We are inviting the submission of a proposal to be submitted to us by August 5th, 2020, for our consideration.
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over 35 years. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Scope & Deliverables:
As the agency progresses towards its commitment to its Long-Term Care/Seniors Housing projects, its fundraising capability has taken on a growing and critical role. In order to successfully navigate these projects, increasing Indus’ reach into the community to generate interest and financial support is imperative.
In order to define an overall external relations strategy for the organization and to meeting its strategic goal of diversification of revenue and establishing sustainable revenue streams, Indus is seeking the development of a comprehensive and actionable External Relations Framework focused on the following three pillars:
- Government & Corporate Relations
Expected deliverables include the following at a minimum:
- Develop a comprehensive and multi-year actionable External Relations Framework that is strategic and tactically effective
- Detailed assessment of Indus’ current revenue and funding streams, fundraising program, Board and staff expectations, current capacity and environmental context for fundraising
- Competitive market analysis including a SWOT pertaining to fundraising
- Plan documentation, including an interim report and final report for the project, including an executive summary and the documentation of the framework in a one-page poster format
- Present the External Relations Framework to the Strategic Initiatives Committee and/or the Board
- The project will be expected to be completed within a timeframe of four (4) months from the start of the contract
Your Response to this Request for Proposal:
In responding to this request, we request the following information:
- Letter of introduction, with executive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the Request for Proposal
- Credentials and qualifications of key personnel who will take responsibility for working directly on this project
- Experience with similar projects and three (3) references
Detailed budget, work-plan including a reporting and communication plan:
- listing project deliverables with a detailed timeline for each deliverable and overall project completion
- Demonstrating an understanding of organizational, sectoral and local issues
- Availability for work to be conducted between the assigned project timeframe (tentatively scheduled between November 2020 and February 2021)
- All documentation must be submitted in 1 (one) PDF document for the proposal to be considered
The budget must be inclusive of all costs, including taxes and fees.
There is no reimbursement for costs associated with the preparation or submission of proposals in response to this RFP, or costs associated with possible award negotiation.
- Understanding of project goals, deliverables, completeness and coherence of response – 35%
- Credentials, qualifications of and relevant previous work of key personnel - 25%
- Response from References 10%
- Cost effectiveness 30%
Submission Due Date: August 5th, 2020
Expected Date of Award: September 30th, 2020
Inquiries and Proposals should be directed to:
Vinitha Miranda, Director – Human Resources & Strategic Development
Telephone: 905-275-2369 Ext. 1290