Catholic Crosscultural Services is seeking a qualified, experienced consultant or consultancy firm to conduct community need assessment to identify trends and specific needs of the Senior population in Scarborough.
Catholic Crosscultural Services is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS provides services in Scarborough, Peel Region and on a national level through the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program. We work to improve lives of newcomers by providing information, training, services, and supports.
The Golden Agers Club is a community initiative for individuals aged 55 and above, providing a space for seniors to socialize, connect, and access resources. The project aims to collaborate with service providers to offer comprehensive support, addressing the diverse needs of the senior community in Scarborough in its initial stage.
Scope of work
CCS is looking for a consultant to conduct a thorough needs assessment for the senior community (aged 55 and over) in Scarborough. The goal is to generate a detailed report highlighting their needs, trends, and challenges, along with recommendations for seniors-driven services that address their specific needs.
The needs assessment will cover:
- Overview of challenges and barriers faced by seniors in Scarborough
- Environmental scan of the senior community and their needs in the southern part of Scarborough
- Evaluation of community resources, including agencies and organizations, providing services for seniors.
- Exploration of effective practices to engage seniors and establish collaborative models for agencies.
- Identification of key priority areas and recommendations to address challenges faced by seniors.
- Suggestions for creating a process to involve seniors in project planning and monitoring.
- Identification of key stakeholders essential for project implementation.
A thorough final report presenting findings and evidence-supported recommendations.
The project is expected to start in late February 2024, with the major part of the work to be completed by Apr 15, 2024. The final report is to be submitted by May 10, 2024.
The proposed budget should not exceed $12,000 for the completion of the need assessment and environmental scan.
Proposals must demonstrate experience respecting the subject matter and competence to successfully complete the work. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the proposals:
- Knowledge and experience of the consultant regarding:
• Environmental scan, community asset and needs analysis
• Place-based and community development approaches, newcomer services
• Multi-stakeholder programs and capacity building initiatives
- Familiarity with Scarborough and programs and services for seniors
- Content, clarity and visual appeal of the proposal
- Any value-added element that the consultant considers would be a positive enhancement to the project
Proposals shall include the following:
Letter of Introduction including executive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the project;
Proposed work plan, schedule, and deliverables including project activities, milestones, team members assigned to each activity, and level of effort anticipated for each task (i.e. hours, days);
Description of any expected challenges
Detailed budget breakdown max. $ including hourly/daily rate(s) of consultant, an estimate of hours/days of work, all labour and other overhead, materials, equipment, travel, communication, and delivery costs, staff time, disbursements
Background and related experience of consultant(s)
Deadline: February 16, 2024, 5pm
Email: Please send your proposal with the subject line ‘RFP Community Needs Assessment (Senior –Scarborough)’ to email@example.com