Teen Healthy Relatinships Grants 2020-2024
Use this link to register for the online application portal: Registration
Once you have registered and logged in, please use the following link to access your application in progress: My Account
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is now accepting proposals for the Teen Healthy Relationships grants.
Organizations can apply for grants that address one of the following goals:
- Teen Healthy Relationships Programs – up to $40,000/year to support a fully developed or in-progress program for teens between the ages of 10 and 19.
- Developmental Programs – up to $20,000/year to support the planning and piloting of a Teen Healthy Relationships program.
- National or Regional Networks – up to $40,000/year to develop networks that strengthen and enhance the field of Teen Healthy Relationships nationally or regionally
To be considered for a grant under the Teen Healthy Relationships Program, programs or initiatives are required to meet the following:
- Must focus on teens of all genders between the ages of 10 and 19
- Must be inclusive of all gender expressions. We are looking for programs that consider and design their programs with the understanding that gender is a spectrum and not limited to strict categories of ‘girl’ or ‘boy.’ Participants in programming may fall anywhere along that spectrum. In order to be inclusive and to foster the human rights of all youth, expanding programming to include all teens regardless of how they express their gender identity is crucial. An inclusive environment means all participants feel safe and supported, however they may identify.
- Focus on all relationships in young peoples’ lives, including self, peers, (chosen) family, friends, community, school, land, and dating/romantic/intimate relationships. Also considering systemic or root causes to inequity, including confronting sexism, colonization, anti-Black racism, homophobia and transphobia and ableism.
- Understand the intersection of violence with factors such as race, class, gender and sexual identity, disability, immigration status, language or geography
- Must be incorporated non-profit organizations and have a valid charitable number from Canada Revenue Agency or be a First Nations Band designated as a qualified donee by Canada Revenue Agency or have a partner that meets this eligibility requirement.
This call for proposals involves a two stage process. Interested organizations are invited to submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) using the online form. A select number of organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal, including detailed workplan, budget and partner letters. All applicants will be notified as to whether they will pass to the second stage by email within 4-6 weeks following the due date for the LOIs.
Please note that we will only accept one application per organization in this grant stream.
If the Canadian Women’s Foundation has funded a project previously, you may reapply, but please note that we will only fund the same project for two funding cycles.
The submission deadline is October 21 at 11:59pm PST. Proposals submitted after this date will not be considered.
For further assistance:
If you have any further questions, please e-mail or telephone:
Phone: 416-365-1444 / Fax: 416-365-1745
Toll free: 1-866-293-4483 / TTY: 416-365-1732