OCASI The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants is pleased to announce a mental health webinar on: Deep Breath: Self Care in Challenging Times A Workshop for Service Providers working with Newcomers, Immigrants & Refugees.
With the onset of COVID-19, OCASI recognizes that service providers have been challenged to shift the nature of their services, resulting in increased workloads. Self-care is the act of prioritizing one's physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. It’s perfectly normal to grapple with what it means to take care of yourself when your communities are continuing to face challenging systemic issues, your family and friends are in need of support AND work demands continue to pile up. However, health and wellness matter, YOU MATTER. Self-care is vital to our health, as well as to our ability to care for others and to address injustice.
Join educator and advocate Farrah Khan for a lively and interactive webinar where we will:
- Learn about compassion fatigue looks and feels in our bodies, mind and spirit
- Understand the impacts of trauma and ways to address it
- Think through some of the challenges to self-care, both systemic and personal
- Explore self-care strategies that you can put into practice
What equipment do I need to use to join the webinar?
All you need:
- Windows or Mac computer
- Internet connection (broadband is best)
- Microphone and speakers (built-in or USB headset) Most computers have built-in microphones and speakers, but you will get much better audio quality if you use a headset or handset.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at: email@example.com