October 30, 2020 – Hamilton, ON From: Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
On November 4, 2020, grade nine students will have the opportunity to job shadow their parent or another adult for the day, to get an up-close glimpse of work life. With Take Our Kids to Work day going virtual this year, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) reminds workplaces that health and safety can still form part of their virtual programs.
CCOHS recommends organizations incorporate the following activities while hosting students virtually this year:
- Host a virtual workplace orientation with participating students that focuses on health and safety issues relevant to the organization
- Lead some healthy stretching exercises
- Include plenty of breaks away from the computer
- Have a discussion on new worker safety
- Hold a Youth Video Contest watch party and watch all the inspiring videos
More information, resources, and tools to promote workplace health and safety on Take Our Kids to Work day are available at www.ccohs.ca/youngworkers.
Launched in 1994, Take Our Kids to Work is the most recognized career education event in Canada, with an estimated 200,000 students visiting workplaces every year.
Information about the Take Our Kids to Work program can be found on The Learning Partnership website.