Global Affairs Canada’s Emergency Watch and Response Centre
IRCC: Federal resources regarding Iranian tragedy PS752
Friends and relatives in Canada seeking information about Canadian citizens who were on board flight PS752 should contact Global Affairs Canada’s Emergency Watch and Response Centre.
- 1-800-387-3124 (toll-free)
- Email to email@example.com
Canadians affected by the tragedy and requiring consular assistance, and friends and relatives seeking information about Canadian citizens believed to have been on board flight PS752, should contact Global Affairs Canada using the most appropriate of the following options.
- Canadians in Iran: consular officials in Tehran at +98 905 778 9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Embassy of Canada to Turkey in Ankara at +90 (312) 409-2700
- Canadians in Ukraine: Embassy of Canada to Ukraine in Kyiv at 380 (44) 590-3100 or KYIV-Consular@international.gc.ca
- From Canada: 24/7 Emergency Watch and Response Centre at 1-800-387-3124 (toll-free), +613-996-8885 or email@example.com.
Assistance with urgent travel related to flight PS752
Assistance will be provided to those who need to travel to Iran, who need travel documents on an urgent basis or those who may need to remain in Canada temporarily. Assistance will also be provided to family members who may need to travel to Canada for funerals or to handle personal affairs of victims and need a visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) on an urgent basis.
IRCC has set up dedicated phone lines and a dedicated email address to provide assistance to individuals in these circumstances.
As of 9 a.m. EST on January 11, 2020 the number to call:
- Canada or the U.S. is 1-833-864-2831
- From anywhere else in the world, 1-438-843-2029.
- Individuals can email us at operationPS752@cic.gc.ca.
Hours of operation
Weekends: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST
Special measures for temporary residents and other foreign nationals
If you qualify, these fees will be waived:
- Temporary resident visa (TRV) ($100)
- Temporary resident visa – maximum fee per family ($500)
- Temporary resident permit ($200)
- Restoration of temporary resident status ($200)
- Extension of authorization to remain in Canada as a temporary resident ($100)
- Biometrics fee ($85)
- Biometrics fee – maximum fee per family $170)
The Government of Canada will give families of the victims who are Canadian citizens and permanent residents $25,000 per victim to assist with their immediate needs.
- Consular officials are contacting affected families directly to explain the process.
Legal information and resources
Pro Bono Ontario has a dedicated national 1-800 line that will connect callers from anywhere in Canada to a lawyer who can provide legal information and advice.
- The toll-free number 1-855-255-7256
Website link: https://www.probonoontario.org
Air travel discounts
Air Canada and their partners at Qatar Airways have been facilitating travel for those wishing to travel from Canada to Iran or from Iran to Canada.
Air Canada: 1-888-247-2262
Website link: https://www.aircanada.com
Qatar Airways: https://www.qatarairways.com
Canada Strong Campaign for the Victims of Flight 752
Campaign to collect funds for the victims of Flight 752.
Website link: https://torontofoundation.ca/canadastrongcampaign